Saturday, February 19, 2011

Walls the color of tears 2/19/11

****pre-note: Liz came into the room towards the end and I lost my train of thought but I sent her out and as I was about to quit I had another thought. Lucky me.****

Hospitals come to mind first. A long brightly lit hallway but not from fluorescent lights. There's a long hallway at one end. White, filmy curtains softly dance. The sun is streaming through them. It's almost too bright to look at. It washes the color from everything. You can only see the blue wall right where you're standing. The floor is white. Maybe tile, maybe carpet. Only a couple of doors break the monotony of the smooth walls. No voices, no sound, no life. It's not creepy though. Soothing. Not necessarily a medical hospital in the common sense. Perhaps a mental hospital or a recovery center. It "feels" safe.

Babies rooms. White clouds along the roof line. A white dresser. Blocks stacked on the floor ABC. A clown doll with a smile. an airplane, prop style, sit with them. A mobile hanging from the ceiling. A lamp, a window and a rug on the floor.

A bathroom with a water theme. Whitecaps on the walls. A gleaming black tub with rounded glass doors that can be hidden. Blue and white marbled tile, also gleaming and glossy. A sink to match the tub. Lots of plant life. They're everywhere. They sit on the counter in long pots. The trace the roof line, circling the room. It's relaxing. It smells fresh. Shiny chrome faucets.

It just occurred to me that I read the topic for the day "walls the color of tears" and I automatically thought blue. But tears are clear. They aren't blue. They fall like rain, look like crystals. Some catch them, some try to heal them. They are shed for sad times, joyous moments and for sheer relief. There are teardrop shaped diamond earrings. They come with frowns and smiles attached. Young, old...male and female shed them...

And the thread is gone. Liz just came in from playing outside. I missed my time by one song. Songs...We cry at movies, songs and books. They come softly, in floods or torrents. Some are kissed away, some are prayed away and some linger for all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment